Cochrane Tourism Events Calendar Guidelines
The Cochrane Tourism Events Calendar is a free promotional resource for our Tourism Partners. If you are interested in reaching out to our audience through an event listing and you are not a Tourism Partner, here is the link with information on how you can become – Partner.
We ask that all events meet the following guidelines to be submitted to the calendar.
- Events intended to bring people to Cochrane.
- Events must be hosted in Cochrane and/or the rural surrounding area. (events in other communities are not eligible)
- Events should be open to the general public and appeal to a wide audience.
- Events are defined as taking place outside of normal business operation. (examples not likely to be posted – grand openings, daily dining special/happy hours)
Make your event more appealing to locals/visitors and have a better chance of getting it approved by following these recommendations:
- Include a full description of the event and what visitors can expect.
- Include a high-resolution image of the actual event.
- Event flyers—especially those with a lot of text—and logos are not ideal.
- Images in landscape orientation in the traditional 3:2 ratio are highly preferred.
- Use proper punctuation.
- Please do not use all caps. Example: Please don’t submit that “Our event is FUN AND FREE.”
- Please use complete sentences in the description.
- Please do not capitalize words that are not proper nouns and adjectives. Example: Please Don’t Submit Sentences That Look Like This.
Your event will not automatically be added to the calendar once you click “Submit My Event”. It will first go through an approval process to make sure that it contains all the information needed to be added, and that the event is appropriate for our calendar.
Cochrane Tourism reserves the right to change/edit images, or to choose a different image for the event submission to match our brand guidelines.
If your event doesn’t meet the Cochrane Tourism Guidelines or if you are not a Tourism Partner, here is list of links where you might consider listing your event.
- Town of Cochrane https://www.cochrane.ca/calendar.aspx?CID=22
- Cochrane Nowhttps://cochrane.gwevents.ca/
- Urban Casual https://www.urbancasual.ca/contact/
If you have any questions or encounter any errors while submitting an event please contact Jo-Anne Oucharek at email@example.com.