- This event has passed.
National Pork Rind Apprecation Day
Pork Rind Appreciation Day started in 2011 when Rudolph Foods (the largest manufacturer of Pork Rinds) declared the day a National Day. It is celebrated on Super Bowl Sunday.
According to” Always the Holiday“, here are some fun facts about pork rinds:
- Nutritionally, pork rinds contain 9 grams of fat, 17 grams of protein and contain no carbohydrates.
- In Brazil, pork rinds are called torresmo.
- Thailand’s version of pork rinds are called khaep mu.
- The Mexican variety of pork rinds are known as chicharrons.
- Westminster, Ohio, with a population 300, is known as the ”Pork Rind Capital of the World.”
The pork rind snacks from The Butchery Block are made in house with all natural ingredients. They make 3 different flavors, regular, salt & pepper and cajun. Did you know that pork finds have no carbs so they make an ideal keto diet snack? Pick up a couple bags for the weekend as you enjoy the game!