You’re great at your core offerings in your business, and now it’s time to branch out. Whether you are already primarily a tourism-based business, or you just want to expand your market, Cochrane Tourism is here to help you create a new tourism experience.
Having multiple revenue streams in your business is not only smart, it’s REQUIRED. Diversification is the key to resilience.
We’re here to support you in dreaming your big dream and making it happen! When your business grows, you help make Cochrane a better place and a more desirable destination. That helps our visitor economy to thrive.
- Maybe you have an idea you’ve had on your Wishlist for a while
- Or, perhaps you can’t find the right partner to collaborate with
- Maybe you don’t know where to start when it comes to creating a new product
- Or you’re just not sure how to market your business and make sales
The Tourism Mentorship Program- the roadmap, guidance, support and accountability you need to turn your idea into a reality!
Plus, we’ll help you get it off the ground and market it through our CTA channels.
Since 2021, Cochrane Tourism has supported 24 businesses in bringing new offerings to market.
- An interpretive rafting trip down the Bow River in Cochrane
- A girls’ day pamper package
- Booze- A lution Tour
- Stockmen’s Memorial Western Branding Experience
- Alberta weekend getaways at The Crossing at Ghost River
- Cochrane Food Fest
- Route 22 Art Gallery events
- Jumping Pound Ranch Geodome accommodations
- Aama Restaurant storytelling dinner event
- GhostekNorth Yoga dock experience
Here’s what our past participants have said:
“The program opened my mind to learning new ways to bring business into a new area of success”
“Great experience, great learning. The Tourism Product Mentorship Program provided excellent guidance and resources for us to develop new tourism products and bring them to market.”
“I really appreciated the quality of the information as well as the way it was delivered. Even with a pandemic they made sure that we were well looked after and engaged. There is something in there for everyone. If you are looking to really drill down on who your target audience is, or your brand or even with managing new products this is a great program. It helped me to develop new products and relationships with other businesses.”
“Without this program I wouldn’t have been able to get this festival off the ground as easily. The program taught me how to put together a proper pitch deck to go to after sponsors about joining the festival. It gave me the confidence to pull it off – that’s for sure!”
“My favorite part of this program was the hands-on learning of marketing techniques and the practical, step by step plan to launch a new product that can be utilized over and over again.”
“The program provided valuable resources to help us market our individual offerings while at the same time provided a platform to network with other local business leaders.”
This is an interactive, small-group accelerator program that walks you through the steps needed to create, launch, and market a new tourism experience.
The program walks you through these three key phases:
Create – develop your idea for a viable tourism product or experience
- Learn about the visitor economy and sustainable tourism
- Get clear on your brand and audience so that you can develop the right experience
- Research your market to find out what they want
Plan – Iron out all the details and create your roadmap for success
- Increase your understanding of the guest experience through an experiential field trip
- Let’s talk logistics – Staffing, timelines, equipment and risk management
- Learn how to price your offer so it’s competitive and profitable
Sell – Put your new offer into the world
- Develop your launch plan and supporting marketing materials and systems to sell your first experience
- Create a product marketing plan to communicate your offering to the world.
- Learn about tourism distribution and sales channels and the travel trade market.
PLUS – you’ll be paired with a coach for monthly 1-1 sessions to create your custom roadmap and keep you on track.
Commitment and timing
The program kicks-off in January 2024
January – March : weekly group sessions, 1:1 coaching, with some additional self-study and homework
April on: Implementation, includes a strategy session with your coach to map out your action plan and support with content development and some visual assets.
Approximate time commitment: 5-10 hours per week.
Who is this program for?
- This program is available to Cochrane Tourism Marketing Partners only – To become a Marketing Partner, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- You have a Cochrane business license or equivalent county
- You’re the decision maker in your business
- You have big ideas and are ready to put in the work
- You’re coachable and willing to learn what you need in order to make things happen
- You believe in the power of collaboration over competition
- You are already in the tourism industry, or see how you could be (past participants have included retail, restaurants, art groups, accommodation, adventure tours and museums)
Step 1 – Fill out the simple application form
Step 2 – Eligible applicants will receive a request to schedule an in-person interview.
Step 3 – Complete the in person interview with the Cochrane Tourism team
Step 4 – 10 businesses will be selected to join the program.
This is a highly interactive and customized program where you will get access to a personal coach, training, materials, resources and group sessions. This provides you with the tools and accountability needed to be successful in growing your business. This program includes:
- 10 in-person classes with a cohort of 10 businesses (25 hours of training)
- A fieldtrip to experience a tourism product
- 4+ coaching sessions
- A program binder; strategy and planning templates
- Support with a pilot for your new tourism product
- Support with content creation & visual assets for your new tourism product
- The program will kick off January 8, 2024
- In person classes take place Monday morning from 9:30 am – Noon
- Weeks that have coaching sessions will not have classes. Coaching sessions will take place the week of February 4th, March 5th and April 1st.
November 1, 2023
- Tourism Marketing Partners that pay the annual membership fee have access to the program for $500. An invoice will be issued following successful acceptance into the program.
- There is no application fee
- Program value is over $5000.00
The end goal is to provide you with the tools and process to develop and launch sustainable and profitable tourism experiences. This includes training and facilitated sessions focusing on:
- Target market development
- Market research
- Securing partners/collaborations
- Tourism Operations and logistics including staffing, timing, suppliers, risk management and sustainability audits.
- Marketing (social media, email marketing, online presence, and more)
- Launch strategy
- Sales and distribution
- Travel Trade 101
This is a highly interactive and customized program where you will get access to a personal coach, training, materials, resources and group sessions. This provides you with the tools and accountability needed to be successful in growing your business.