You’re great at your core offerings in your business, and now it’s time to branch out. Whether you are already primarily a tourism-based business, or you just want to expand your market, Cochrane Tourism is here to help.
Having multiple revenue streams in your business is not only smart, it’s REQUIRED. If there’s one thing we all learned from recurring shutdowns during the pandemic, businesses need options.
We’re here to support you in dreaming your big dream and making it happen! When your business grows, you help make Cochrane a better place, and a more desirable destination for our visitor economy to thrive.
- Maybe you have an idea you’ve had on your wishlist for a while
- Or, perhaps you can’t find the right partner to collaborate with
- Maybe you don’t know where to start when it comes to creating a new product
- Or you’re just not sure how to market your business and make sales
TMP – the roadmap, guidance, support and accountability you need to turn your idea into a reality!
Plus, we’ll help you get it off the ground and market it through our CTA channels.
In 2021, we supported 8 businesses in bringing 7 new offerings to market.
- An interpretive rafting trip down the Bow River in Cochrane
- A girls’ day pamper package
- The Crystal Cavern wellness centre
- Stockemen’s Memorial Western Branding Experience
- Alberta weekend getaways at The Crossing at Ghost Riverr
- Cochrane Food Fest
- Route 22 Art Gallery events
Here’s what our past participants have said:
“The program opened my mind to learning new ways to bring business into a new area of success”
“Great experience, great learning. The Tourism Product Mentorship Program provided excellent guidance and resources for us to develop new tourism products and bring them to market.”
“I really appreciated the quality of the information as well as the way it was delivered. Even with a pandemic they made sure that we were well looked after and engaged. There is something in there for everyone. If you are looking to really drill down on who your target audience is, or your brand or even with managing new products this is a great program. It helped me to develop new products and relationships with other businesses.”
“Without this program I wouldn’t have been able to get this festival off the ground as easily. The program taught me how to put together a proper pitch deck to go to after sponsors about joining the festival. It gave me the confidence to pull it off – that’s for sure!”
“My favorite part of this program was the hands-on learning of marketing techniques and the practical, step by step plan to launch a new product that can be utilized over and over again.”
“The program provided valuable resources to help us market our individual offerings while at the same time provided a platform to network with other local business leaders.”
This is a high-touch, small-group, accelerator program that walks you through the steps needed to create and launch a new tourism product.
The program walks you through these three key phases:
Dream – develop your idea for a viable tourism product or experience
- Get clear on your brand and audience so that you can develop the right offer
- Connect with potential partners to collaborate
- Research your market to find out what they want
Plan – Iron out all the details and create your roadmap for success
- Let’s talk logistics – what needs to happen (and by when) to get your idea to market
- How to price your offer
- Learn the marketing strategies and tools you can use to get traction
Launch – Put your new offer into the world!
- Create your launch plan and supporting marketing materials and systems
- Build out the operations plan for delivering your offer
- Develop your 90-day marketing strategy to keep the momentum going
PLUS – you’ll be paired with your own coach for monthly 1-1 sessions to create your custom roadmap and keep you on track.
Commitment and timing
The program kicks-off September 23, 2021 and wraps up March 1, 2022
October 12 – November 30: weekly group sessions (2 hours) with some additional self-study and homework
December: Implementation month, includes a strategy session with your coach to map out your action plan
January 4 – March 1: Weekly group sessions (2 hours) with some additional self-study and homework
March: Bonus session: your 90 day marketing plan
May: Launch event
*Schedule subject to change
Approximate time commitment: 40-60 hours over six months
Who is this for?
- You’re a Cochrane Tourism Marketing Partner with a Cochrane business license
- You’ve been in business for a minimum of two years
- You’re generating consistent revenue
- You’re the decision maker in your business
- You have big ideas and are ready to put in the work
- You’re coachable and willing to learn what you need in order to make things happen
- You believe in the power of collaboration over competition
- You are already in the tourism industry, or see how you could be (past participants have included retail, restaurants, art groups, accommodation, adventure tours and museums)
- The program will kick off the week of September 20
- Sessions will run weekly for 1.5-2 hours for October, November, January and February. December and March will be implementation months.
September 10, 2021
There will be a mix of both, as long as it is safe and permitted to meet in person.
Tourism Marketing Partners that pay the annual membership fee have access to the program for $300. An invoice will be issued following successful acceptance into the program. No deposit is required to apply.
The end goal is to provide you with the tools and process to develop and launch a new revenue stream for your business. This includes training and facilitated sessions focusing on:
- Understanding your clientele so you can market to them better
- Market research
- Securing partners/collaborations
- Marketing (social media, email marketing, online presence, and more)
- Logistics and development
- Launch strategy
This is a highly interactive and customized program where you will get access to a personal coach, training, materials, resources and group sessions. This provides you with the tools and accountability needed to be successful in growing your business.